【Position title】 Assistant Research Fellows
【Affiliated Dept.】 Respective Departments
Introduction to BIMSA
Yanqi Lake Beijing Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Applications (BIMSA), located in Huairou district of Beijing, is a mathematics research institution co-sponsored by Beijing Municipal Government and Tsinghua University. The director of BIMSA is Prof. Shing-Tung Yau. BIMSA is committed to basic, forward-looking and systematic research in all areas of mathematics, and frontiers of physics, computer science, finance and interdiscipline.
BIMSA currently setting up research groups focusing on (but not restrict to) the following broadly defined research areas: (1) mathematical physics, (2) pure mathematics, (3) artificial intelligence and big data, (4) modeling and computing for scale, (5) statistical method and application, (6) quantum information and quantum computing, (7) digital finance and (8) blockchain.
BIMSA hereby invites applications for Assistant Research Fellows positions to be filled by applicants with outstanding accomplishments or a potential for academic excellence in all areas of mathematics, and frontiers of physics, computer science, finance and interdiscipline.
- Fulfil teaching, student-training and mentoring duties;
- Engage in research in creative areas, and publish high quality papers on academic journals;
- Engage in national research projects, finish research of assigned topics on time;
- Stimulate academic exchanges with domestic and foreign organizations;
- Fulfil public service duties assigned by the Institute.
- Applicants are required to have a PhD with two and more years of postdoctoral research experience;
- Applicants are subject to the same requirements for assuming an assistant professor position at an internationally-recognized university;
- Applicants are also required have adequate teaching experience to teach courses in related fields and mentor students;
- Priority will be given to applicants who have two and more years of experience studying or working at one of the world top 100 universities or renowned research institutions.
- A competitive annual salary will be offered in the range of RMB 400,000~700,000(commensurate with applicants' overall quality);
- An Employment Contract will be concluded according to relevant rules stipulated in the Employment Contract Law of the People's Republic of China and successful applicants will be enrolled into China's Social Insurance scheme;
- Shuttle bus service is available, transporting faculty between the Institute and the Tsinghua University, and between the Institute and Dingxiu Meiquan Town in Huairou District;
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with outstanding teams from around the world;
- There is sufficient research funding support including a generous travel grant for collaboration with top research centers around the world;
- There are also opportunities to work with other departments at Tsinghua, CAS and industries.
Application Materials Required:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Research statement
4. Teaching statement
5. Publication list
6. Three Representative Publications
7. Three reference letters
Applicants should apply online via Mathjobs at https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/2625
Building No. 11 Yanqi Island, Yaiqi Lake West Road, Huairou District, Beijing